Retail Touch Screens
Brick and mortar retail stores face many challenges in the current market. The costs of maintaining a physical presence increase each year, with more money spent on leases, insurance and maintaining inventory than ever before. As costs increase, shopper traffic has decreased, with online stores taking over large portions of the market share.
These are not the only factors impacting traditional retail stores; they also face an increase in competition, with things like price comparison apps on mobile devices making it easier for customers to find similar products at nearby stores with lower prices. All of these issues have resulted in depleted revenues over the past several years.
In order to survive and thrive in this difficult atmosphere, many retailers are looking for new ways to attract and keep customers. Some have turned to touch based solutions as a way to attract shoppers and improve the overall retail experience. Replacements for the traditional cash register and advertisements are natural places where touch screens can be used. They can even be used in small kiosks to supplement staff.
- Point of Sale (POS) systems using touch technology allow cashiers to process customers more efficiently, cutting down on long queues. Touch screen POS systems allow the traditional sales register to be dynamic, adjusting according to each specific scenario so even the newest employees are able to check customers out with ease.
- Digital Signage plays a large role in the retail sector as it allows stores to run promotions and advertisements catered to individuals at the point of sale. They can be used to educate customers about products, giving insight into where products are sourced and unique, creative uses for them. They are able to provide much more information to the customer in the same amount of space occupied by traditional static signs. Providing a touch interface enriches these signs even further allowing such things as virtual shelves to reduce real estate needs.
- Digital Kiosks equipped with touch screens provide the buyer with a number of self service options in the retail environment. Customers are better serviced because they are able to perform routine tasks like checking inventory, or customizing options by themselves instead of waiting for the next available sales associate. It also allows customers to have the same online experience they are accustomed to such as reading reviews, looking for related products and sharing their shopping experience over social media, right in the store.
Touch screens that use ShadowSense technology offer some of the best solutions available for applications in retail. Some of the key advantages are:
- Fast, accurate and responsive to parallel the experience found shopping online
- Frame design allows for easy integration with existing displays
- Uses USB HID interface for compatibility with popular operating systems
- Cost effective to implement across all sizes
For smarter Airports airport touch screens can be implemented.
We invite you to contact us to learn more about what makes ShadowSense ideal for retail applications.