The entertainment and gaming industry is all about fun and excitement. Each time a patron approaches a machine or a table, there is the anticipation of the big win.
Touch screens have played a big role in making these games more interactive and engaging so that people are encouraged to spend more time playing them. To remain competitive and draw in more players, these games are getting more elaborate with video and sound effects to keep players glued to their seats. Most are employing touch screens to make the games intuitive and easy to play. Using touch screens also allows games to be made smaller to maximize floor space.
Casinos and entertainment complexes all over the world are filled with various slot machines, bartop gaming machines and multi-player tables to draw in high rollers and casual onlookers alike.
- Slot Machines are the staple of any casino floor. These brightly lit machines are the workhorse of the gaming industry. As new machines are entering the market, touch screens are replacing the traditional buttons and mechanical reels. This allows designers to be more creative with the gameplay and also simplifies the manufacturing process. Touch screens that are used on slot machines need to be reliable and dependable as they are constantly in use.
- Bar Top Gaming allows casinos to keep patrons engaged even while they are having a drink or catching the game at the bar. Touch screens can be built into existing structures to provide a flush surface for gaming. Of course, being a bar top, the screens need to be resistant to inevitable spills and have the ability to reject touch from elbows and palms.
- Multi-Player Table Games are the next targets for touch screens. Traditional multi-player / multi touch table top games such as poker, blackjack or roulette are being reinvented with digital interfaces. A well designed multi-touch interface allows multiple players to participate in the same game, increasing the excitement. Touch screens used for this application must be able to quickly and accurately distinguish between different players and their various actions.
Touch screens that use ShadowSense technology offer some of the best solutions available for applications in the gaming industry. Some of the key advantages are:
- Sealed to prevent damage from spilled drinks
- Eliminates accidental touches based on size, shape and pressure to provide palm rejection as well as ignoring drinks placed on a table top surface
- Supports multiple touch points for multi-player games
- 24/7 operation to keep up with constant use
- Supports 3d touch games.
We invite you to contact us to learn more about what makes ShadowSense ideal for gaming applications. Read about touch screen navigation system.