Touch Screens for the Broadcast Industry
The broadcast industry is becoming increasingly competitive as broadcasters compete with multiple platforms and streaming services for viewers. Television broadcasters need to deliver exceptional content to their viewers in a way that is unique and engaging. Everything from nightly news programs to entertainment commentary, to sports recaps, are all much more captivating with an interactive display.
Touch screen advantages
Touch screens allow broadcasters to deliver engaging and enriching content using large interactive displays on-set.
On-Set Interactive Displays
Used by many live broadcasters to convey information effectively and quickly. Business analysts use touch screens to easily illustrate trends in market activity or analyze data. Sports broadcasters can use touch screens to illustrate plays and dissect key turning points in a game. Weather reporters can show incoming radar reports locally, nationally and globally with seamless transitioning. These functions allow for dynamic presentations, adding a unique dimension to standard broadcasts.
ShadowSense technology offers the best and most reliable solution available for applications within the broadcasting industry.
- Ambient Light Immunity | Provides an unparalleled degree of immunity to high ambient or changing light intensities; flawless operation even in harsh studio lighting
- Fast, Accurate, Repeatable | With <10 ms response times and <2 mm touch accuracy, every touch point is independently tracked to provide a reliable, true multi-touch interface and experience.
- Input Agnostic | Recognizes the shape, size and pressure of any object whether it’s bare fingers, a stylus or similar inanimate objects for play-by-play commentary
- Driverless Interface | Requires no drivers or touch detection applications
- Customizable | Scalable up to over 300” to cover a wide array of displays ranging from LCD to OLED within the broadcast industry
- Shape and Size Recognition | Sensing the size of an object permits control over what is recognized as a valid touch versus an unintentional touch, allowing for spurious touch and palm rejection.
- 24/7 uptime with >200,000 MTBF Hours | Unprecedented reliability
Industry Solution: NFL
The NFL Network integrated a large ShadowSense interactive video wall as part of Warner’s Corner. The modular wall was a perfect fit for their situation, allowing hosts to have complete control over game highlights, markups, and replays, even accepting multiple inputs at one time.
Industry Solution: eTalk
eTalk unveiled its “eTalk Star Screen powered by Baanto,” during the Toronto International Film Festival. The 110-inch interactive video wall changed the way Canada’s highest-rated entertainment news show presented its nightly festival coverage. The massive interactive wall puts the control room in front of the camera, allowing the shows anchors and the rest of the eTalk team to manipulate the show’s action simply with a touch of a finger.
Contact our partners to incorporate ShadowSense technology into your own business.