Christie Interactivity Kit
Multi-Touch Interactivity in an Easy Kit!
Designed in pieces that fit perfectly around Christie MicroTiles, the Christie Interactivity Kit can be configured into 84 different sizes. This modular kit can accommodate practically any large-format display, from a 3×1 up to a 16×6 Christie MicroTiles array, or a 12 square meter video wall.
Setting up interactivity for large-format digital displays can be a custom design process that’s complex, expensive, slow and cumbersome. Sometimes the touch technology doesn’t offer the desired level of performance in terms of the number, accuracy or responsiveness of touch points.
The Christie Interactivity Kit changes all of that. Complexity and reliability aren’t a concern anymore. Now you have the technology to create a unique and engaging interactive experience with a touchscreen, large-format display.
Breakthrough Technology… Out of the Box
This easy-to-use, field-installable kit simply attaches around the perimeter of any large arrayed display and plugs into your computer’s USB port – without any need for drivers. No manual calibration of sensors or cameras is required.
Windows 7 automatically recognizes the Christie Interactivity Kit’s software as a multi-touch device, making set up extra easy.
Using groundbreaking Baanto ShadowSense technology, the Christie Interactivity Kit lets multiple users interact simultaneously with a rectangular video wall, with the resolution and speed needed to support finger-based gestures such as flicking, pinching, rotating and scrolling, and reliable, accurate behavior you can count on.
- Fully modular and reconfigurable
- Lightweight and compact
- Automatic detection of array size (e.g. 3×1, 6×4, etc.)
- No alignment or calibration of sensors required
- No glass or special stylus required
- No driver or PC-based algorithms required
- User-configurable limits for touch size, opacity and duration to filter out unwanted touch events
- Dashboard software for configuration and diagnostics
- Surface Width: 3 – 16 modules; 1224 – 6528 mm (48.19″ – 257.01″)
- Surface Height: 1-6 modules; 306 – 1836 mm (12.05″ – 72.28″)
- Maximum Surface Size: 11.99 sq. m (129 sqft)
- Maximum Surface Diagonal: 267″
- Technology: Baanto ShadowSense
- Simultaneous Touches: Varies with width. 3 touches typical per 2 module widths, up to a maximum of 18 touches, for example:
- 3 modules wide: up to 4 touches
- 6 modules wide: up to 9 touches
- 12 modules wide: up to 18 touches
- 16 modules wide: up to 18 touches
- Touch Resolution: Varies with width, for example:
- 3 modules wide: 0.3mm
- 6 modules wide: 0.6mm
- 12 modules wide: 1.2mm
- 16 modules wide: 1.6mm
- Touch Object: Finger, gloved hand, any object
- Minimum Touch Size: 5 mm
- Distance Between Touches: 15 mm edge to edge
- Distance to Surface: ≤5 mm typical
- Accuracy: ±5 mm across 90% of surface
- Average Latency: Varies with size, for example:
- 3×2: 7 ms
- 6×4: 11 ms
- 12×4: 15 ms
- 16×6: 20 ms
- Host Connection: USB/HID, no driver required
- Device: Touch data is provided to the operating system in three ways:
- Windows 7/8 Multi-Touch: Recognized natively by Windows 7/8 as a multi-touch device
- Single-Touch: Recognized natively in typical Windows/Mac operating systems as a generic pointer or mouse
- Custom Multi-Touch: Multi-touch data is provided in a custom HID collection, which the developer can use when programming their application for any operating system that supports USB HID 1.1
- Power Supply: Input; 12 V DC; 2.5 A (power supply shipped separately)
- Power Consumption: 12 W typical
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 35°C (32 to 95°F)
- Operating Humidity: 5 to 90% non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 50°C (-4 to 122°F)