Touch Screens in Education
Touch screens have emerged as accelerators in the learning and development of students within schools, colleges, and universities. Students of all ages are comfortable with the interface and are natural touch screen users.
Students with disabilities, including those with cerebral palsy and those suffering from complete paralysis, have been able to continue learning, thanks to advancements in touch screen solutions leveraging specialized software.
Touch screen advantages
Touch screen devices have proven to be a complementary addition to traditional learning within the educational system. Instructors can use touch screens to increase student participation and improve overall collaboration within the classroom.
Studies have shown that students learn faster and learn more when they are active participants.
Ideal for education environments, touch interfaces allow students to intuitively use pens and fingers to write, and erasers or palms to erase, just like with a normal chalkboard. With no complicated dropdown menus to navigate or buttons to press, the learning process can become fun and engaging as well as collaborative, as these whiteboards support multiple users.
Can help teachers and students work collaboratively on projects and presentations. Many productivity applications such as Microsoft’s OneNote and PowerPoint have native support for both touch and styluses so using a touch technology that supports both can ensure that the maximum capability of these programs is utilized.
Touch screen displays using ShadowSense technology offer reliability and performance for integrated solutions and applications in education.
ShadowSense technology offers the best and most reliable solution available for applications within the educational industry.
- Fast, Accurate, Repeatable | With <10 ms response times and <2 mm touch accuracy, every touch point is independently tracked to provide a reliable, true multi-touch interface and experience for both students and instructors.
- Input Agnostic | Recognizes the shape, size and pressure of any object whether it’s bare fingers, a stylus, pen and eraser to mimic traditional tools used on chalkboards
- Ambient Light Immunity | Provides an unparalleled degree of immunity to high ambient or changing light intensities; flawless operation even in direct sunlight
- Frame Based Design | Perimeter based technology provides class leading optical clarity and ensures that touch is impervious to scratches, dust or debris on the screen
- Driverless Interface | Requires no drivers or touch detection applications. Out-of-box support for Microsoft Pen Computing
- Customizable | Scalable from 8” to over 300” to cover a wide range of use cases within the educational industry.
- 24/7 uptime with >200,000 MTBF Hours | Unprecedented reliability