Gaming and Entertainment Touch Screens
The entertainment and gaming industry is all about excitement and engagement. Bright lights and beautiful displays contribute to the thrill the customer experiences each time they approach a machine with the anticipation of winning.
Touch screens have played a big role in creating an interactive and captivating experience. This encourages users to spend more time playing, which equates to more revenue being generated.
To remain competitive and draw in more players, these games are getting more elaborate with video and sound effects to keep players enchanted and highly engaged. Most are employing touch screens to make the games intuitive and easy to play. Using touch screens also allows games to be made smaller to maximize floor space.
Touch screen advantages
Casinos and entertainment complexes all over the world are filled with various slot machines, bar top gaming machines and multi-player tables to draw in high rollers and casual onlookers alike.
The staple of any casino floor. These brightly lit machines are the workhorse of the gaming industry. As new machines are entering the market, touch screens are replacing the traditional buttons and mechanical reels. This allows designers to be more creative with the gameplay and also simplifies the manufacturing process. Touch screens that are used on slot machines need to be reliable and dependable as they are constantly in use.
Bar Top Gaming
Allows casinos to keep patrons engaged even while they are having a drink or catching the game at the bar. Touch screens can be built into existing structures to provide a flush surface for gaming. Of course, being a bar top, the screens need to be resistant to inevitable spills and have the ability to reject touch from elbows and palms.
The next targets for touch screens. Traditional multi-player / multi touch table top games such as poker, blackjack or roulette are being reinvented with digital interfaces. A well designed multi-touch interface allows multiple players to participate in the same game, increasing the excitement. Touch screens used for this application must be able to quickly and accurately distinguish between different players and their various actions.
ShadowSense technology offers the best and most reliable solution available for applications within the gaming and entertainment industries.
- Shape and Size Recognition | Sensing the size of an object permits control over what is recognized as a valid touch versus an unintentional touch, allowing a wide range of touch inputs, anything from a finger to a ball coming in contact with the screen
- Fast, Accurate, Repeatable | With <10 ms response times and <2 mm touch accuracy, every touch point is independently tracked to provide a reliable, true multi-player and touch interface, and supporting an immersive 3D touch gaming experience
- 24/7 uptime with >200,000 MTBF Hours | Unprecedented reliability
- Driverless Interface | Requires no drivers or touch detection applications and compatible with currently supported operating systems
- Input Agnostic | Recognizes the shape, size and pressure of any object whether it’s bare fingers, a stylus, or even gloves
- Ambient Light Immunity | Provides an unparalleled degree of immunity to high ambient or changing light intensities; flawless operation even in direct sunlight or under the harshest LED or halogen lighting
- Frame Based Design| Perimeter based technology provides class leading optical clarity and ensures that touch is impervious to scratches, dust or debris on the screen
- Customizable | Scalable from 8” to over 300” to accommodate any game design
- Liquid Rejection | Sensitivity to shadow density provides a simple way to isolate and reject unintentional touches from drinks and other foreign liquid substances
Industry Solution: Angry Birds Arcade Game
INNOVATIVE CONCEPTS IN ENTERTAINMENT, USA
An ingenious use of ShadowSense touchscreens helped Innovative Concepts in Entertainment (ICE) create a hugely popular arcade game to pay tribute to the mobile hit Angry Birds. The addictive game has players slinging rubber balls representing the birds, at a touchscreen to knock down the evil pigs. This was made possible by ShadowSense, which was the only touch technology with the capability to detect the quick and spontaneous impact of the balls as they were flung at the screen.
The Angry Birds Arcade game has been installed in every Dave and Buster’s location throughout North America. The unique gameplay combined with the responsiveness of the ShadowSense touch frame has helped propel it to the top of the charts, making it one of the restaurant chain’s most popular attractions.