Industrial & Manufacturing Touch Screens
The Industrial and Manufacturing Industries are demanding and strenuous environments that are tough on equipment. Such environments require equipment that will last and withstand the workplace hazards found on the manufacturing floor.
Regardless of the products being manufactured and produced, the equipment needs to be rugged, reliable, and easy to operate. Having easily navigable interfaces enhances employee productivity, and adoption, making them more efficient.
The cost of maintaining and replacing equipment will significantly impact profitability and operations. Equipment should have a long lifespan, reducing time and money needed to replace, and avoiding expensive repairs that can add up and eat away at revenues.
Touch screen advantages
Touch screens address a variety of challenges such as equipment maintenance and improving efficiencies, while providing additional benefits that make them well-suited for manufacturing and industrial applications, including industrial automation systems.
Industrial automation systems
Touch interfaces are used by manufacturing and distribution facilities that rely on uncomplicated interfaces to minimize error and intervention. These interfaces allow industrial workers to control devices, and with a touch an icon, to reconfigure operations, simplifying processes, cutting downtime and improving efficiencies. Industrial environments and organizations demand reliability and continuous use with minimal interruption on the assembly line.
Touch screen displays using ShadowSense technology deliver reliable, faultless performance under the most demanding Industrial & Manufacturing conditions.
ShadowSense technology offers the best and most reliable solution available for applications within the Industrial and Manufacturing industries.
- 24/7 uptime with >200,000 MTBF Hours | Unprecedented reliability
- Customizable | Scalable from 8” to over 300” to cover a wide range of use cases
- Durable | No moving parts or overlays to wear out. Long-lasting, scratch proof glass protects the display and will not fail in areas of repetitive contact.
- Ambient Light Immunity | Provides an unparalleled degree of immunity to high ambient or changing light intensities; flawless operation even in direct sunlight or under the harshest LED or halogen lighting
- Driverless Interface | Requires no drivers or touch detection applications and compatible with currently supported operating systems
- IP Sealable | Frame based touch system allows the display to be sealed for IP65 rated applications and resistant to all chemicals.
- Liquid Rejection | Sensitivity to shadow density provides a simple way to isolate and reject unintentional touches from foreign liquid substances
- Fast, Accurate, Repeatable | With <10 ms response times and <2 mm touch accuracy, every touch point is independently tracked to provide a reliable, true multi-touch interface and experience.
- Input Agnostic | Recognizes the shape, size and pressure of any object whether it’s bare fingers, gloves, a stylus or even tools such as screwdrivers
- Frame Based Design | Perimeter based technology provides class leading optical clarity and ensures that touch is impervious to scratches, dust or debris on the screen.
Industry Solution: Ontario Power Generation
Many demanding industrial situations are still using outdated technology with inefficient user interfaces. Buttons, switches, and dials that wear out after consistent use, require upkeep and eventual replacement, and are not customizable.
Ontario Power Generation were still employing very outdated, inefficient interfaces. Touch screen technology proved to be a great solution to these issues. ShadowSense technology provided a customized interface that is durable, simplifies processes, and improves efficiencies.