Touch Screens for the Retail Industry
Retail customers are demanding more options to making the shopping experience enjoyable. Retailers are looking for ways to draw customers to brick and mortar locations and to enhance the in-store shopping experience. ShadowSense technology allows retailers to offer this, and more.
Touch screen advantages
To survive and thrive in the highly competitive retail market, retailers are looking for new ways to attract and keep customers. Replacements for the traditional cash register and advertisements are natural places where touch screens can be used. They can even be used in small kiosks such as self-service checkouts to supplement staff during peak times.
Plays a large role in the retail sector as it allows stores to run promotions and advertisements catered to individuals at the point of sale. They can be used to educate customers about products, giving insight into where products are sourced, and unique, creative uses for them. They are able to provide much more information to the customer in the same amount of space occupied by traditional static signs. Providing a touch interface enriches these signs even further allowing such things as virtual shelves to reduce real estate needs.
Point of Sale (POS)
POS systems using touch technology allow cashiers to process customers more efficiently, cutting down on long queues. Touch screen POS systems allow the traditional sales register to be dynamic, adjusting according to each specific scenario so even the newest employees are able to check customers out with ease.
Digital Kiosks equipped with touch screens improve customer experience by providing them with a number of self service options in the retail environment. Customers are better serviced because they are able to perform routine tasks like checking inventory or customizing options by themselves instead of waiting for the next available sales associate. It also allows customers to have a similar experience to what they are used to online, with easy access to reviews, related products, and social media sharing, right in the store.
Touch screen displays using ShadowSense technology offer some of the best solutions available for applications in retail.
- Fast, Accurate, and Responsive | Parallels the experience found shopping online with increased information available in store
- Ambient Light Immunity | Provides an unparalleled degree of immunity to high ambient light such as brightly lit retail outlets
- Customizable | Scalable from 8” to over 300” to display everything from single product information to a whole display wall
- Seamless Frame Integration | Easy integration with existing displays
- Driverless Interface | Requires no drivers or touch detection applications and compatible with currently supported operating systems
- Cost effective | Cost effective to implement across all sizes
- 24/7 uptime with >200,000 MTBF Hours | Unprecedented reliability
- Fast, Accurate, Repeatable | With <10 ms response times and <2 mm touch accuracy, every touch point is independently tracked to provide a reliable, true multi-touch interface.
- Input Agnostic | Recognizes the shape, size and pressure of any object whether it’s bare fingers, gloves, or a stylus
- Frame Based Design | Perimeter based technology provides class leading optical clarity and ensures that touch is impervious to scratches, dust or debris on the screen.