We are always interested in hearing from talented individuals.
Product Development Engineer – Hardware
Company: Baanto International Ltd.
Location: Mississauga, ON
Job Title: Product Development Engineer – Hardware
As part of the Baanto team, you will be working to architect, design, and implement the next generation touch screen technologies based on our extensive ShadowSense patents. Your main responsibility will be to support the design, prototyping, and ongoing engineering efforts of the company through all aspects of a product’s cycle, from initial concept to full manufacturing. Your role will include a subset of aiding the senior engineers in the electronics design and bring-up of prototype circuit boards. This may include simulation, assembly, debug, test, documentation, cable assemblies, mechanical enclosures, and board bring-up activities. You may use electronic schematic, simulation, PCB layout tools, as well as 3D CAD development and uC/uP firmware development tools.
- Board level schematic capture and layout (analog/digital/RF)
- Bench-top lab work (Oscilloscope, power supply, signal generator, soldering, etc.)
- Experience using Altium or comparable/ Eagle/ ORCAD
- General knowledge of C/C++, VBA, MATLab Programming, etc.
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of analog and digital design concepts
- Experience using embedded microcontroller design/firmware development an asset
- Experience using SolidWorks or comparable, circuit design (analog/digital), data analysis and metrics, and/or embedded microcontroller design/firmware development an asset
- Strong organizational as well as multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational as well as multi-tasking skills
- Ability to learn quickly with strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science, Mechatronics or equivalent
- Loves tinkering, building, and inventing new products, you will have already designed and developed simple projects that use Pi/Arduino in personal projects.
- Have a passion for working at a systems level on electrical design, mechanical design, and architecture.
- You are a self-starter, not afraid to learn new software packages and dive in to projects.
- Love to learn independently and are passionate about engineering as a long-term career choice.
- Excited to work in a technology start-up that is growing quickly and launching products globally in a diverse range of market vertical from cockpit avionics, surgical systems to point-of-sale and kiosk system.
- Eager to apply all the engineering and technical knowledge that you have learned over the years and get an opportunity to see your designs mass manufactured and adopted worldwide by numerous customers.
- Engage in new architectures and designs that will result in patents and secret know-how for the company.
- Be part of the growth of a venture based, technology company.
Administrative Operations Coordinator
Company: Nytric Ltd.
Location: Mississauga, ON
Department: Administrative Operations
Job Title: Administrative Operations Coordinator
Reporting to the CEO and CFO, acting as the Lead Administrative support at Corporate Head Office. Working within a multidisciplinary and international team in a fast-paced entrepreneurial tech environment. This position allows for interfacing with all aspects and levels of the business environment.
- Technically proficient – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proven excellent written, reading comprehension and verbal communication skills
- High standards of professionalism, confidentiality and best practices
- Agile and solution oriented, proactive and excellent problem solving
- Project management, organizational skills, working to timelines, attention to detail
- Data entry, documentation/records, reports, editing, Minutes, accounts payable/receivable
- Reliable and able to support daily onsite responsibilities with flexible start and stop times
- Self-motivated, internal responsibility system, sharp learning curve, drive to learn and grow
- Provide key point of initial and ongoing corporate operational contact, internally and externally
- Manage calendar, email support, document tracking, professional interfacing, with direct support to CEO
- Liaison, networking and logistics with sales, marketing, accounting, engineering, suppliers/vendors, customers, investors
- Day-to-day oversight and process management of;
- front office and customer service
- shipping and receiving administration, including RMA and trade shows
- corporate travel
- mail, courier, fax
- expense report reconciliation, invoice management
- phone, security and emergency systems
- vacation schedule, tracking and reconciliation
- office internal budget, inventory, order management, vendor interfacing
- business meetings, employee meetings, corporate events
- corporate business cards
- internal newsletter
- internal social and training activities and corporate citizenship
- JHSC committee, oversight for quarterly meetings, monthly inspections, record keeping
- Support administrative programs and services (Insurance, Security, Leasing, Training, Onboarding, Benefits, Corporate Documentation/Policy)
An agile, competent professional with experience in a corporate administrative role (including Co-op terms), with appropriate post-secondary education in Business Administration including specializations in Entrepreneurship, HR, Supply Chain, Operations, Communications, Project Management.