Healthcare professionals have challenging, fast-paced jobs, and they require technology that can keep up with their demanding environment. This means technology that is easy to use, allows them access to essential data quickly, and adapts to a rapidly changing environment. Touch interfaces meet all of these criteria, turning typical medical grades monitors into interactive touchscreens that assist professionals with delivering exceptional patient care.
Medical grade monitors are found in virtually every part of a hospital or medical office: they are implemented into convenient patient kiosks, provide vital imaging services, and allow professionals to have patient information right at hand.
Medical Grade & Healthcare Touchscreen Monitors Market Fit
Legacy touch systems suffer from a number of deficiencies. Many PCAP products cannot meet the exceedingly stringent Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI) requirements of medical environments as they are susceptible to interference. In addition, they also degrade in operation due to residue from surgical gloves, liquids or cleaning fluids on the touchscreen.
These monitors need to meet high standards for durability and safety, as they can be subject to rough treatment and even hazardous substances. At the very least, they should withstand liquid spills, handle rigorous sanitization protocols, and be able to operate continuously for several months at a time. Devices equipped with ShadowSense™ technology fulfill these requirements, and offer several other benefits that are ideal in a medical office.
Benefits of ShadowSense™ in the Healthcare Industry
- ShadowSense™ touchscreen solutions detect input from any kind of source, including both bare and gloved hands, styluses, and more, letting healthcare professionals remain sanitary even when inputting data
- Baanto touchscreen technology can distinguish between a touch meant for input and one caused by fluids or other unwanted materials; it can reject certain inputs to avoid distorting information or items that are being displayed
- Our interfaces work on a number of different screen sizes, ranging from 8” to 267”, allowing you to equip monitors and screens throughout your facility and offering modern technology to virtually every department
- ShadowSense™ also functions regardless of lighting conditions, still offering full operational capabilities when in darkened rooms or indirect light, such as those found in surgical facilities
Healthcare Touchscreen Performance & Reliability
Performance and reliability outweigh cost considerations in this segment and Baanto has established a notable foothold, with over 12,000 units sold into FDA-approved medical devices
Baanto’s solutions for medical touchscreens are compatible with existing systems, featuring plug-and-play adaptability with little to no setup required. Patients and medical professionals can begin using this technology immediately, with a minimal learning curve and complete compatibility with underlying systems and devices.
ShadowSense unique advantages to the healthcare touchscreen market:
- High immunity to EMI
- High-performance operation working with other sensitive medical equipment in a hospital environment
- The ability for hydrophobic and anti-bacterial coatings on the touch-glass surfaces without impeding touch performance or damage to glass touch surfaces
- Operable in environments with high ambient light, such as operation theatres, without degradation of performance
- High Mean Time Before Failure (MTBF) that exceeds the life of medical equipment
- Can be operated with a gloved finger, simple stylus or disposable cotton swabs, in order to reduce contamination of surfaces in a high-risk environment as COVID wards