Touch Screens for Healthcare
Healthcare is a fast-paced and demanding 24/7 environment that has an overriding need for effective, intuitive, and reliable technology. Technology that is critical for serving patients effectively, and handling the realities of modern healthcare demands. Technology is enabling doctors and nurses to react quickly in critical medical situations.
Touch screen advantages
Patient care and practitioner time are critical factors; touch screens are uniquely positioned to assist both healthcare providers and patients on a variety of levels. Touch screens can be used as interfaces to the high-resolution monitors that are already being used in medical imaging devices, for example, or as screens for patient kiosks; even as tools for aiding the rehabilitation of patients.
Medical Information Screens
Provide both healthcare workers and patients with a large volume of available data, from appointment schedules to patient status updates. They make administrative functions easier to navigate, freeing up doctors and healthcare professionals to focus more on patient care.
Streamlining the patient check-in process allows patients to provide necessary personal information concisely in advance. This reduces the need for paper printouts and manual registration check-ins. In turn, this allows information to be captured directly into back-end database systems for easy access by the hospital or medical administration, which allows better utilization of existing staff members.
Assistive Technology Products
Touch screens have proven to be great assets in rehabilitation. They offer an easy to use interface that can be adapt to different users’ capabilities and allow easy access to tools that engage a variety of senses essential in the rehabilitative process; including sight, sound and coordination.
Touch screen displays using ShadowSense technology deliver reliable, faultless performance under the most demanding medical conditions.
ShadowSense technology offers the best and most reliable solution available for applications within the healthcare industry.
- 24/7 uptime with >200,000 MTBF Hours | Unprecedented reliability
- Hover Touch | Allows operation without physical contact with the screen surface, meeting anti-microbial requirements and forgoing sterile drapes.
- Liquid Rejection | Sensitivity to shadow density provides a simple way to isolate and reject unintentional touches due to bodily fluids, translucence substances, gels, and blood.
- IP Sealable | Frame based touch system allows the display to be sealed for IP65 rated applications and resistant to all chemicals. This is essential for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Fast, Accurate, Repeatable | With <10 ms response times and <2 mm touch accuracy, every touch point is independently tracked to provide a reliable, true multi-touch interface.
- Input Agnostic | Recognizes the shape, size and pressure of any object whether it’s bare fingers, surgical gloves, a stylus or similar inanimate object
- Ambient Light Immunity | Provides an unparalleled degree of immunity to high ambient or changing light intensities; flawless operation even in direct sunlight.
- Frame Based Design| Perimeter based technology provides class leading optical clarity and ensures that touch is impervious to scratches, dust or debris on the screen.
- EMI Shielded| Enclosed entirely within the frame and independent of the glass surface.
- Driverless Interface | Requires no drivers or touch detection applications
- Customizable | Scalable from 8” to over 300” to cover a wide range of use cases within the healthcare industry.
- FDA Approved
Industry Solution: Humphrey Field Analyzer 3
Touch screen solutions are ideal for many situations in the healthcare industry for various reasons. Durability, fluid rejection, and customization are some of the features that led Carl Zeiss to incorporate ShadowSense technology into their new Humphry Field Analyzer 3.
Touch interface was ideal for their needs, and provided a customized and streamlined process workflow for healthcare providers.